We are about ready to embark on a great adventure this year as you move "UP" to 3rd grade.
Hopefully you have received your letter from me and are getting ready for our amazing journey through 3rd grade.
Here are a few reminders for the beginning of this year:
First:
I hope you have been reading through the summer and have filled in your "Passport to Reading".
Make sure you bring your filled in passport with you on the first day of school so you can choose a candy bar and get a swag tag for your chain. Your passport must be filled in to receive the reward.
Here are the items I would like you to bring for the first day of school if you are able:
- 1 1/2 inch 3 ring binder for your data binder
- 12 pencils sharpened and erasers
- 50 page protectors (placed in your binder)
- water bottle for warm days
- 1 Pair of small scissors
- 1 small pencil box
- 2 glue sticks
Your pencils and erasers will be parked in a "Pencil Garage" except for 2 pencils that you will put in your desk. When you need a new pencil, you will be able to get one from your garage. I will have you take a note home when you are almost out of pencils so you can bring more pencils to fill your garage.
We are going to have a great year!!!! I can't wait to see you at Back to School Night on August 8th. Our meeting will be at 6:30 in the library. I will have some additional information for you to take home at this meeting. Enjoy the rest of your summer and I will see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment