We are off to a good start for this school year! I have loved and continue to love getting to know each student and learning about them. This email will come each week and will inform you about what we are learning during the week and any other information that will be important. This information will be on this class Blog and I will also send it in an email. If I have taken pictures of class activities, I will put them on the blog, but will not send them in an email.
This Week's Happenings:
Language Arts: We are starting unit 1 in our CKLA program. We are reading about Sir Gus the Knight and learning the procedures for our class to do our reading each day. We are also reviewing long and short vowel sounds. Each student is being assessed in reading using the dibbles program and the RLA testing. This will give me information to help me in meeting the needs of all students in our class.
Math: We have been reviewing place value and will review odd and even numbers this week and begin adding numbers to 1,000 and rounding numbers to help us estimate sums. We will also begin times tables this week in our efforts to begin our journey of learning times table facts up to 12's and passing them off. We will begin with the 0 times tables.
Spelling: We will not have spelling words for this unit. We will not begin spelling lists until the week of Sept. 9th.
Homework: Homework will begin next week. There will be 20 minutes of reading each night and 4 math pages. Homework will come home on Mondays and should be returned the following Monday. Be looking for that next week.
Headphones: We will be using the chromebooks quite often this year. I have headphones available for the class, but if you would like to send a pair of ear buds for your student to keep in their desk to use instead of the headphones, please do so. I would suggest having your student bring a pair if possible.
Acceptable Use Policy and other forms: If you have not gone on to the school website to sign the forms for your student that are required each year, please do that as soon as possible. Students cannot get onto the internet without this form signed. Please make sure these forms are signed.
Parent Helpers: In September, I will be contacting those of you who signed up to help in our class and will let you know when you can begin. Thank you for being willing to come and help us.
Monday, August 19, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment