Saturday, January 4, 2020

I hope you were able to have a wonderful Christmas and a good start to a New Year.  I want to thank you all for the kindnesses shown to me at Christmas time.  I was truly spoiled and showered with so many thoughtful gifts. Thank you so much! 

This Week's Happenings:

Language Arts:  We are starting a new unit in which we will read about light and sound.  In grammar we will learn about adverbs and how they are used in writing.  We will also change words with the suffixes -y and -al. 

Math:  We will review division and learn about the order of operations.  We will also practice doing multi-step problems.  We will start a new unit in which we will begin learning about fractions.

Spelling:  Our spelling words are a review of the spellings for long 'e'.  The words are:  money, athlete, believe, degree,  grease, increase, fancy, secret, stadium.  The challenge words are: experience, electricity.  

Parent helpers:  We will be back to our normal schedule this week. The only conflict we have with math time is science on Thursday.  That will be the only day that we will not need parent helpers to come. Thank you for your help in class.  It truly does make a difference for each student.

Student Teacher:  We have a student teacher starting in our class this week.  Her name is Miss Hannah Vance.  She comes to us from SUU.  I am excited for the students to meet her and get to know her.  She will be with us for 6 weeks as she completes her student teaching requirements.  I know she will be a great asset in our class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment