We will have parent/teacher conferences the week of Sept. 30 - Oct. 4. I will be sending home a note today with a conference appointment on it. Please sign if you can make the scheduled day and time and return to school as soon as possible. If you cannot make the scheduled time, please give me a time you could meet and I will try to reschedule your appointment. I am looking forward to meeting with each of you!
This Week's Happenings:
Language Arts: We have been reading about animals and will continue this week by reading about invertebrates and vertebrates along with the characteristics of fish. We will identify the subject and predicate in sentences and find sentence fragments. We will write a paragraph about classifying living things.
Math: We will take our unit one test on Monday. We will also begin unit 2 in which we will work with graphs. We will learn about frequency tables and learn how to read picture graphs and bar graphs and solve problems about the graph.
Spelling: Our spelling words this week are words with the spelling pattern of CVCe. We will learn the rule of how to add the suffixes -ed and -ing to these words. The words are: smile, rake, file, vote, dine, quote, raise, tire, translate, prepare.
Grade Printout: I will be sending home a grade printout on Wednesday for each student. Please review it with your student, sign it and return.
Monday, September 16, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment